When time allows I love nothing more than getting crafty with the kids and today I’m sharing our simple handmade reindeer cards. I really enjoy creating homemade cards with Leo to give to friends and family for any occasion and these simple, yet effective festive cards are fabulous. Making them together is a superb way to spend an afternoon; they are so easy to make and offer a real personal touch.
What You’ll Need
- Card – We used these but any will do
- Brown Paint
- Paint Brushes
- Goggly Eyes
- Pom Poms
- Coloured paint
- Decorations – stickers, tinsel, jewels etc.
How To Create Your Reindeer
1. First comes the fun (messy) part! Cover your hand with brown paint using a paint brush, making sure not to miss any spots.
2. Carefully place your hand flat onto the card and push each finger down to ensure you get the best print possible. Lift your hand directly up to avoid smudging.
3. Leave your handprint to dry!
4. Glue on some googly eyes – if you don’t have any your reindeer will look just as fabulous with painted or hand drawn eyes!
5. Glue on a pom pom nose – we used these red ones, but any colour will do. Or why not paint him a nose instead!
6. Decorate around your reindeer in any way you like. Leo used a round sponge to create his pattern by dipping it into green paint. We also found some leftover gold snowflake table confetti we had in our craft box. Let your imagination go wild!
7. Decide who to send you card to and write a special message inside.
Why not give these super simple creations a go this Christmas and give friends and family a unique alternative to a shop bought card. Also, remember these aren’t just for kids, adults are more than welcome to give them a try and get crafty!