Recently I have been working hard to make changes to improve my mindset and outlook to help my mental health. Having already talked about happiness and positivity I wanted to discuss kindness in today’s post. Being kind is inextricably linked to positivity and happiness as they all feed off each other. A simple act of kindness will not only have an impact on the recipient, it will also give you a buzz knowing your small act has helped or improved someone’s life even if only in the short-term. As a result, you are more likely to spend the remainder of your day with a positive outlook, in turn helping to increase happiness levels – everyone’s a winner!
Spreading kindness can take many forms and doesn’t necessarily need to be huge lavish gestures. There are so many little ways to show kindness as you go about your everyday life and they will mean so much to others, so why not try a few today.
- Hold the door open for someone
- Pay someone a genuine compliment
- Make a donation to the Food Bank
- Tell someone to “Have A Great Day”
- Smile – such a simple gesture that goes such a long way
- Call or text a friend you haven’t spoken to for a while
- Offer your seat on public transport to someone who needs it
- Leave a book/magazine/newspaper you have finished reading as a surprise for a stranger – add a little note too it will brighten their day!
- Make someone an unexpected cup of tea
- Make the effort to chat to someone you haven’t spoken to before, you may be the only person they have spoken to that day
- Say “Please” and “Thank You” – simple, but often forgotten, they can make a huge impact
- Cook someone a surprise meal
- Offer help if you see someone struggling
- Always pay kindness received forward – keep the positivity going!
- Stop the car to let someone cross the road or let a car out of a junction
- Send someone a “Thinking Of You” card just because!
- Help promote a small business or fellow blogger by simply sharing a post on social media
- Let someone ahead of you at the supermarket checkout
- Be patient – you never know what kind of day people are having
- Put all the loose change from your purse in a charity box – your purse may actually close afterwards too so that’s an added bonus!
These are a mere handful of suggestions as there are literally thousands of ways you can help make this world a kinder, happier place to live in. If we all do a little each day the world would be a much nicer place, so lets all do our bit and spread some love today.